Claymore's Dual Ethereum + Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal/Blake2s/Keccak AMD+NVIDIA GPU Miner.
Latest version is v12.0:
- zero devfee for all 2GB and 3GB cards in all operating systems.
- reduced devfee for dual mode, now it is 1%, same as for ETH-only mode.
- a bit reduced required GPU memory (both AMD and NVIDIA) so you can mine ETH a bit longer on cards that don't have enough memory.
- added version for CUDA 10.0, it is a bit faster for latest 20xx NVIDIA cards.
- a few minor bug fixes and improvements.
MEGA: Download v.12.0
TESTED NVIDIA DRIVERS (other versions are untested, they can be worse or better):
9xx cards in Windows 7 x64: just use latest/recent drivers from Nvidia website (for example, 368.81). Note that latest 372.54 is slower than 368.81.
9xx cards in Windows 10 x64: you have to use old drivers (for example, 352.xx) and miner built for cuda6.5.
10xx cards in Windows 7 x64: just use latest 372.54 drivers from Nvidia website.
10xx cards in Windows 10 x64: just use latest 372.54 drivers from Nvidia website, note that you must have Win10 Anniversary update.
- Supports new "dual mining" mode: mining both Ethereum and Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal at the same time, with no impact on Ethereum mining speed. Ethereum-only mining mode is supported as well.
- Effective Ethereum mining speed is higher by 3-5% because of a completely different miner code - much less invalid and outdated shares, higher GPU load, optimized OpenCL code, optimized assembler kernels.
- Supports both AMD and nVidia cards, even mixed.
- No DAG files.
- Supports all Stratum versions for Ethereum: can be used directly without any proxies with all pools that support eth-proxy, qtminer or miner-proxy.
- Supports Ethereum and Siacoin solo mining.
- Supports both HTTP and Stratum for Decred.
- Supports both HTTP and Stratum for Siacoin.
- Supports Stratum for Lbry, Pascal, Blake2s, Keccak.
- Supports failover.
- Displays detailed mining information and hashrate for every card.
- Supports remote monitoring and management.
- Supports GPU selection, built-in GPU overclocking features and temperature management.
- Supports Ethereum forks (Expanse, etc).
- Windows and Linux versions.
This version is POOL/SOLO for Ethereum, POOL for Decred, POOL/SOLO for Siacoin, POOL for Lbry, POOL for Pascal, POOL for Blake2s, POOL for Keccak.
For old AMD cards, Catalyst (Crimson) 15.12 is required for best performance and compatibility.
For AMD 4xx/5xx cards (Polaris) you can use any recent drivers.
For AMD cards, set the following environment variables, especially if you have 2...4GB cards:
For multi-GPU systems, set Virtual Memory size in Windows at least 16 GB (better more):
"Computer Properties / Advanced System Settings / Performance / Advanced / Virtual Memory".
This miner is free-to-use, however, current developer fee is 1%, every hour the miner mines for 36 seconds for developer.
For all 2GB cards and 3GB cards devfee is 0%, so on these cards you can mine all ETH forks without devfee, this miner is completely free in this case.
If some cards are 2...3GB and some >3GB, 2...3GB cards still mine for you during devfee time, only cards that have more than 3GB memory will be used for devfee mining. Miner displays appropriate messages during startup.
Second coin (Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal/Blake2s/Keccak) is mined without developer fee.
So the developer fee is 0...1%, if you don't agree with the dev fee - don't use this miner, or use "-nofee" option.
Attempts to cheat and remove dev fee will cause a bit slower mining speed (same as "-nofee 1") though miner will show same hashrate.
Miner cannot just stop if cheat is detected because creators of cheats would know that the cheat does not work and they would find new tricks. If miner does not show any errors or slowdowns, they are happy.
This version is for recent AMD videocards only: 7xxx, 2xx and 3xx, 2GB or more. Recent nVidia videocards are supported as well.
There are builds for Windows x64 and for Linux x64 (tested on Ubuntu 14.04). No 32-bit support.
You can use "config.txt" file instead of specifying options in command line.
If there are not any command line options, miner will check "config.txt" file for options.
If there is only one option in the command line, it must be configuration file name.
If there are two or more options in the command line, miner will take all options from the command line, not from configuration file.
Place one option per line, if first character of a line is ";" or "#", this line will be ignored.
You can also use environment variables in "epools.txt" and "config.txt" files. For example, define "WORKER" environment variable and use it as "%WORKER%" in config.txt or in epools.txt.
Dual mode: change "-dcri" option value with "+/-" keys in runtime to find best speeds.
ETH-only mode when ASM algorithm is used (enabled by default): change "-dcri" option value with "+/-" keys in runtime to find best speeds. If you get best speed at "-dcri 1" (i.e. you cannot find speed peak), use "-asm 2" option to enable alternative ASM kernel (available for Tonga and Polaris cards only).
NOTE 1: if GPU throttles (overheated) or if you overclocked GPU, best "-dcri" value will be different.
NOTE 2: speed peak can be rather short, so change "-dcri" value slowly, one-by-one.
NOTE 3: best -dcri values for ETH-only mode and dual mode can be different.
NOTE 4: you can use "x" key to select single GPU for -dcri value adjustment.
NOTE 5: if you did not specify "-dcri" option in ETH-only ASM mode, miner will detect best -dcri values automatically, you can also press "z" key to do it.
Use "epools.txt" and "dpools.txt" files to specify additional pools (you can use "-epoolsfile" and "-dpoolsfile" options to use different filenames).
These files have text format, one pool per line. Every pool has 3 connection attempts.
Miner disconnects automatically if pool does not send new jobs for a long time or if pool rejects too many shares.
If the first character of a line is ";" or "#", this line will be ignored.
Do not change spacing, spaces between parameters and values are required for parsing.
If you need to specify "," character in parameter value, use two commas - ,, will be treated as one comma.
You can reload "epools.txt" and "dpools.txt" files in runtime by pressing "r" key.
Pool specified in the command line is "main" pool, miner will try to return to it every 30 minutes if it has to use some different pool from the list.
If no pool was specified in the command line then first pool in the failover pools list is main pool.
You can change 30 minutes time period to some different value with "-ftime" option, or use "-ftime 0" to disable switching to main pool.
You can also use environment variables in "epools.txt", "dpools.txt" and "config.txt" files. For example, define "WORKER" environment variable and use it as "%WORKER%" in config.txt or in epools.txt.
You can also select current pool in runtime by pressing "e" or "d" key.
Miner supports remote monitoring/management via JSON protocol over raw TCP/IP sockets. You can also get recent console text lines via HTTP.
Start "EthMan.exe" from "Remote management" subfolder (Windows version only).
Check built-in help for more information. "API.txt" file contains more details about protocol.
- AMD cards: on some cards you can notice non-constant mining speed in dual mode, sometimes speed becomes a bit slower. This issue was mostly fixed in recent versions, but not completely.
- AMD cards: in Linux with gpu-pro drivers, the list of GPUs may differ from the list of temperatures. You can use -di to change order of GPUs to match both lists.
- nVidia cards: dual mode is not so effective as for AMD cards.
- Windows 10 Defender recognizes miner as a virus, some antiviruses do the same. Miner is not a virus, add it to Defender exceptions.
I write miners since 2014. Most of them are recognized as viruses by some paranoid antiviruses, perhaps because I pack my miners to protect them from disassembling, perhaps because some people include them into their botnets, or perhaps these antiviruses are not good, I don't know. For these years, a lot of people used my miners and nobody confirmed that my miner stole anything or did something bad.
Note that I can guarantee clean binaries only for official links in my posts on this forum (bitcointalk). If you downloaded miner from some other link - it really can be a virus.
However, my miners are closed-source so I cannot prove that they are not viruses. If you think that I write viruses instead of good miners - do not use this miner, or at least use it on systems without any valuable data.
- Install Catalyst v15.12 for old AMD cards; for Fury, Polaris and Vega cards use latest blockchain drivers.
- Disable overclocking.
- Set environment variables as described above.
- Set Virtual Memory 16 GB or more.
- Reboot computer.
- Check hardware, risers.
- Set some timeout in .bat file before starting miner at system startup (30sec or even a minute), and try "-ethi 4" to check if it is more stable. It can help if miner is not stable on some system.
Miner works too slowly when I mine ETH/ETC but works fine when I mine some ETH fork.
Check if you enabled "Compute Mode" in AMD drivers, also you can press "y" key to turn on "Compute Mode" in AMD drivers for all cards (Windows only).
I cannot mine ETH/ETC with Nvidia 3GB card in Windows 10.
Windows 10 internally allocates about 20% of GPU memory so applications can use only 80% of GPU memory. Use Windows 7 or Linux.
I see 0% devfee for all 2GB and 3GB cards, my rig has some 3GB cards and some 6GB cards, how is the fee calculated in this case?
During devfee mining 3GB cards still mine for you. How does it work? Miner creates second connection for devfee mining, main connection still works and 3GB cards still find shares for it.
You can see these shares in the log file, all devfee shares contain "Devfee:" string, normal shares don't contain this string and 3GB cards can find them during devfee mining as well.
Note that devfee mining takes only 36 seconds per hour so it can take many hours to find normal shares during devfee mining.
What is dwarfpool proxy (eth-proxy)?
Official Ethereum miner does not support Stratum protocol, it supports HTTP protocol only. It causes less profit because of delays.
A proxy was created to fix it, so official Ethereum miner is locally connected to the proxy by HTTP protocol, for local network delays due to HTTP protocol are small. Proxy is connected to the pool via Stratum protocol so it has small delays too. Currently most pools support Stratum and you have to use HTTP-to-Stratum proxy to make official miner work with pools properly. Of course you can try to connect official miner to a pool directly via HTTP but you will lose 10-20% shares because of a short block time in Ethereum.
This miner does not use HTTP protocol, it uses Stratum directly. So you should connect it directly to the pool at Stratum port and it will work a bit faster than official miner via proxy because there is no proxy between miner and pool.
What command option X means?
Read "Readme!!!.txt", "COMMAND LINE OPTIONS" section.
How to mine using pool X?
Read "Readme!!!.txt", "SAMPLE USAGE" section.
Windows 10 marks miner as a virus.
Read "Readme!!!.txt", "KNOWN ISSUES" section.
Can miner stop overheated GPU?
Yes, see "-tstop" option.
Why this command line doesn't work (escaping '&')?
Char '&' in command line means command separator, to use it in command line either quote string with "", or escape '&' (use ^& on Windows).
No need to do this in *pools.txt or config.txt.
Also all command line options must be in same line in .bat file, don't split them to several lines, it won't work.
How to mine Decred or Sia ONLY with this Ethereum Dual miner?
No way. It is Ethereum miner with extra bonus coins. To mine extra coins only use other miners.
Why Ethereum hashrate in Dual mode is higher than in Single mode?
Hardware feature, accept it as an extra bonus.
Is 15.12 driver mandatory?
Usually latest drivers work well. But there are some reports of people where they don't. So 15.12 is recommended.
Will newer drivers have higher/lower hashrate?
Usually no, but it depends... Check for yourself.
Why miner on Linux with stock card settings gives a bit lower hashrate than on Windows?
This probably is the difference in time calculations on both platforms. In reality the accepted hashrate is usually the same.
Why -cclock/-mclock options do not work?
Sometimes they do not work. Use Afterburner or Trixx on Windows, atitweak and other tools on Linux instead.
Why my GPU is 10C hotter in Dual mode?
This is a price for the extra work done. It also consumes more power, so make sure your PSU has sufficient power.
Can the temperature be lowered?
Yes, see "-tt", "-dcri", "-ttdcr", "-li", "-ttli" options.
How can I undervolt my cards on Linux?
Usually only by flashing modified GPU BIOS. Unfortunately, no standard way of doing so.
Why pool shows less hashrate than miner?
On my test rigs I use miner with default settings and on pool I see about 4-5% less than miner shows (my hashrate is about 800MH/s if I turn on all rigs).
Miner shows "raw" hashrate, 1% is devfee, other 2-3% can be related to the connection quality, current pool status/luck or/and may be something else.
Also, from my calculations miner loses about 0.5-1% because it cannot drop current GPU round when it gets new job, it is related to "-ethi" value, so I made it 8 by default instead of 16.
But if on pool you see 10% less than miner shows all the time - something is wrong with your pool, your connection to internet or your hashrate is low and you did not wait enough time to see average hashrate for 24 hours.
Usually I use "ethpool" pool for tests.
I see only one card via Remote Desktop Connection.
It's a problem of RDC, use TeamViewer or some other remote access software. Or try to use latest version of the miner.
I see only one card instead of two in temperature management info.
Disable CrossFire, don't use Remote Desktop Connection. Or try to use latest version of the miner.
Miner works in ETH-only mode but crashes in dual mode.
Dual mode requires more power, so make sure PSU power is enough and check GPU clocks if you OC'ed them.
Error "server: bind failed with error".
Specify "-mport 0" option.
How can I get stats from miner as EthMan does?
Check API.txt file for json protocol details.
I cannot mine Ethereum with 2GB card.
Yes, you cannot mine Ethereum or Ethereum Classic with 2GB cards anymore. But you can mine other Ethereum forks.
I mine ETH fork on my 2GB cards. For devfee miner tries to mine ETH and it fails because ETH cannot be mined on 2GB cards.
Use "-allcoins exp -allpools 1" options.
Sometimes miner cannot connect to devfee mining server at first attempt, does it cause longer devfee mining?
No, during these connection attempts miner still mines for you.
I upgraded from v8.x (or earlier) to v9.x, I mine ETH-only and I see v9.x is slower than v8.x, why?
In v9.x you should find best -dcri value even in ETH-only mode, check "FINE-TUNING" section. If you don't want to do it, use "-asm 0" option to use old GPU kernels.
How many cards are supported?
Miner supports up to 32 GPUs.
Miner crashed and I cannot restart it until reboot.
Often when OpenCL fails, you have to reboot the system, not just restart miner. Sometimes even soft reboot won't work and you have to press Reset button. It is because the fail is at drivers level, Windows does not like such things and drivers too.
- If you think that the miner will mine even if you turn off the router, wait a couple of minutes more, it will stop.
- Place all command line arguments in .BAT file in a single line. Arguments from the second line will be ignored.
- Use latest version if you have problems with DCR or SIA.
- I don't have any private versions with +50% speed.
- I'm a software developer, so I think I cannot help you to build your mining rig properly or provide you with the list of necessary parts, please ask this question here on forum or search here, there are many threads related to hardware.
- Please read Readme.txt or original post of this thread for command line samples, options description and FAQ.
- I don't have miners for Tesla, IBM CPUs, Phi or for very old GPUs.
- Mining on laptops is a bad idea.
- You will not see full hashrate on pool immediately, you have to wait for 24 hours at least.
- If miner cannot generate DAG file, check environment variables (see Readme), check if your GPU has 3GB memory at least, and check if you have enough virtual memory (pagefile). If all this does not help, try to install more physical RAM.